Round Britain Reliability Run

I did the other CT event, the Ten Countries Run (10 in Europe) when that was over 48 hours too, but CT have now added an overnight stop in the middle.

Very sensible! We did it in a two seater, and after getting to Austria on the second night decided decide on discretion etc. and found a camp site so we both could sleep.

Also done the RBRR, twice, but in a four seater, in which a three man team makes it perfectly safe.

In a two, these events are wholly outwith the commercial driving rules, but each to their own, and satnav etc make it less necessary to have a conscious navigator to guide the driver.

I'd suggest that a trial by the team is necessary - can you sleep well enough in the back of, or in the passenger seat, of a moving car?

If not, and people are all different, then these events are not for you!

JOhn

All looking good at Pimperne this afternoon, and most crews appeared remarkably relaxed after their long haul . . . . . thankful for the excellent weather !

TR Register well represented by Hon Pres and Vice-Chairman, although I was surprised we didn't see more local members making the effort to wave the flag.

A very good effort by Club Triumph.

Cheers

Alec

It was good to see so many hale-and-hearty Triumphs of all types at Pimperne this PM.

Especially happy to see a representative of the Guide Dogs organisation (sorry, I don't know the official title), not only with a beautiful, sleek, Labrador Guide Dog, but being led by a charming blind girl. Made me so happy to know that I, along with many other Triumph people, are supporting such a good cause this year.

Hon. Pres.

Tom

Did the RAC in the old days ;) you need rest...............

That's why 2 drivers mate!!

I did the other CT event, the Ten Countries Run (10 in Europe) when that was over 48 hours too, but CT have now added an overnight stop in the middle.

Very sensible! We did it in a two seater, and after getting to Austria on the second night decided decide on discretion etc. and found a camp site so we both could sleep.

Also done the RBRR, twice, but in a four seater, in which a three man team makes it perfectly safe.

In a two, these events are wholly outwith the commercial driving rules, but each to their own, and satnav etc make it less necessary to have a conscious navigator to guide the driver.

I'd suggest that a trial by the team is necessary - can you sleep well enough in the back of, or in the passenger seat, of a moving car?

If not, and people are all different, then these events are not for you!

JOhn

I can happily say that myself and Steve managed to sleep in a TR4 with Ridgard seats with 5 point harnesses and a full roll cage with the Webers shouting at us......

If you plan right you have at least an hour before each breakfast stop to get your head down

It was good to see so many hale-and-hearty Triumphs of all types at Pimperne this PM.

Especially happy to see a representative of the Guide Dogs organisation (sorry, I don't know the official title), not only with a beautiful, sleek, Labrador Guide Dog, but being led by a charming blind girl. Made me so happy to know that I, along with many other Triumph people, are supporting such a good cause this year.

Hon. Pres.

Indeed boss one of my old navigators was collecting at Blyth :)

Clive and I were to see them in. Wessex had a run in the other direction and Richard didn't negotiate his pass out

Ben and Ben's wife arrived at Pimperne in good shape, bit sleep deprived but buzzing, the driving had been fantastic. Geoffrey had also been behaving himself and the new seats got an enormous thumbs up!

Seen arriving at Pimperne, Vicky driving. Note plenty of space being left to get out, after all they've been cramped up in there for nearly two days and are bound to be a bit stiff . . .

post-12767-0-50827600-1476036236_thumb.jpg

However, not quite as much space on the other side! Ben getting out and trying not to put his back out!

post-12767-0-48550500-1476036265_thumb.jpg

Well done both of you, you are probably there by now, great effort

Sleep well

Regards

Phil

We'll done chaps. Unfortunately I couldn't make Pimperne - the looks I was getting from the boss meant any further negotiating was out of the question so the afternoon was spent with the kids at Upton House.

Well done Ben and Vicky (and of course everyone else). I think 48 hours together in a 3 is pretty good going. If your marriage can survive that it can survive anything.

Well done on all the money raised. Good cause indeed!

Hi all. Back home safe and sound. 2223.00 miles recorded on the Halda (i.e. accurate!). New seats were brilliant and worth every penny. No mechanical problems at all although by Sunday I was hearing all sorts of rattles & rumblings some real and some imaginary!

We used 2l of oil; I have yet to tot up the fuel totals.

It was great to see PhilB, CliveG and Alec at Pimperne, it gave us a real boost for the final leg.

Would I recommend the event to fellow sidescreen owners? Hell yes! with the proviso that you need seats with back support to enable sleeping and a very good relationship with your crew member!

We were only the second TR3 in the events history to have completed it successfully. (seven TR2's and 4 TR3A's have done it prior to this year)

Well done Ben, as one of the four TR3A's to complete the event previously, I know how hard it is to sleep, in a sidescreen car on the event, and yes - proper seats are important.

Hope you enjoyed the scenery, the views in Scotland were epic on both RBRRs I completed.
Great Stuff

Ian

PS, forgot to say that TS2 achieved the same feat, driven by Mark Treadwell and Rob Murphy - and the rain poured down a great deal of the way.

" TS2 achieved the same feat, driven by Mark Treadwell and Rob Murphy - and the rain poured down a great deal of the way. "

Rob and Treaders were well up the field too, despite the seriously inclement weather that year . . . . and said weather did nothing to dull their appetite for cake, cake and more cake at the Pimperne stop . . . . . :lol::P;)

Epic performance. The drive, I mean . . . . . :rolleyes:

Cheers

Alec

Congrats Ben and Vicky that's some achievement.

Iain

PS.Which seats did you fit?

Iain

We "invested" - I use the word advisedly - in a pair of Racetoration's Mk 2 seats in leather with headrests and lumbar pump kits. Having tested them thoroughly over the past 48 hours and 2223 miles I can vouch for their comfort both from a driving and sleeping point of view!

Iain

We "invested" - I use the word advisedly - in a pair of Racetoration's Mk 2 seats in leather with headrests and lumbar pump kits. Having tested them thoroughly over the past 48 hours and 2223 miles I can vouch for their comfort both from a driving and sleeping point of view!

Sounds like the "investment" was worth it.

" TS2 achieved the same feat, driven by Mark Treadwell and Rob Murphy - and the rain poured down a great deal of the way. "

Rob and Treaders were well up the field too, despite the seriously inclement weather that year . . . . and said weather did nothing to dull their appetite for cake, cake and more cake at the Pimperne stop . . . . . :lol::P;)

Epic performance. The drive, I mean . . . . . :rolleyes:

Cheers

Alec

Serious respect for doing it in an unmodified car. We had the benefit of lots of tweaks to the car and wall to wall sunshine (well apart for a few showers in Wilts !!)

I can vouch for the quality of cake at Pimperne - it has justifiably achieved "Legend" status - but I restrained myself to two helpings.................as for the other crew member ........well............... there was quantity too!!