I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the Weber linkages done and whether I use the parts I already have and source the rest, or get a new kit that includes everything (assuming it fits around the manifold).

I have the SAH manifolds with twin DCOE40's and some original parts, but some missing.

Has anyone got a similar setup and able to add some photos to show a complete setup using similar manifolds.

Thanks.

post-6161-0-06873900-1447706306_thumb.jpeg

The usual kit of linkages for them involves going to cable operation. I have twin 40 Dellortos and I didnt use the overhead bar linkage but made my own underslung rod linkage using pretty much the same as the bracket and linkages that you have next to the carbs. So from first bracket on the engine bay side of the throttle pedal forward to the bell crank and then up to a ball link bracket on the rear carb(Where you have a nut on the butterfly bar) and then a link bar from that to fit between the two sprung loaded screws on the front carb link.If you want pics then PM me your email.

Stuart.

I have run webers on two cars: 4A rally car (now being rebuilt as a Su carb road car0 and a weber racing car

on both cars I used the same mechanism as on the SUs The system is solid - doesn't stretch or snap and is not affected by engine movement (and it's much cheaper)

I will go and see if I can show you a photo:

off to the garage with camera

post-9449-0-94722900-1447844657_thumb.jpg

Michael

Edited by MichaelH

I have run webers on two cars: 4A rally car (now being rebuilt as a Su carb road car0 and a weber racing car

on both cars I used the same mechanism as on the SUs The system is solid - doesn't stretch or snap and is not affected by engine movement (and it's much cheaper)

I will go and see if I can show you a photo:

off to the garage with camera

attachicon.gifIMG_1451.JPG

Michael

Mine is very similar.

Stuart.

I do like the idea of fixed over cable, and appreciate the pics. I presume the parts I have are earlyish, with them being pre-Triumphtune but been unable to find details of similar manifolds with the fixed bar on top. Most seem to go with the cable option and cannot work out how the parts I have fit together (not withstanding missing parts), but especially the larger flat bar with link and where it attaches.

try this: it is a simple drawing but shows the accelerator pedal, the arm across the pedal area and the arm which is attached vertically

The solid bar goes across to the triangle which converts horizontal movement to vertical movement

the triangle pivots on the bracket which is attached to the carb mounting studs on the manifold

post-9449-0-02301300-1447891571_thumb.jpg

Edited by MichaelH

Michael,

Its a good sketch but how is the bracket attached to the carbs? Is it mounted between the carb and thackeray washer using a longer stud, or somewhere else?

Thanks

Graeme

Actually instead of the double spring washer (is that the Thackeray washer?) as the studs are not that long

so end result on the stud is manifold carb (don't forget it is only one of four studs) then bracket, simple spring washer and nut

Michael

That would lose the flexible mounting attribute of the Thackery washers though wouldn't it? As an aside does it mean that coincidentally the stud spacings are the same as on a 4 pot SU setup?

stud spacing - yes I think so

Losing the weber flexibility with spring washer ? now i think about it there might be bracket spring washer and nylock nut to hold it in place and retain the necessary flexibity

Michael

Edited by MichaelH

stud spacing - yes I think so

Losing the weber flexibility with spring washer ? now i think about it there might be bracket spring washer and nylock nut to hold it in place and retain the necessary flexibity

Michael

I made my own plate between for the fulcrum but yes the spacings are the same I think. I have the plate against the carb body and then Thackery washer and nyloc (you can use the new rubber ring and shaped washer style too) that way you still have the flexibility but the plate doesnt move separate.

Stuart.