Targa Newfoundland 2016

Hello Rallying Friends!

I thought you might like an early heads-up that Jan and I are planning to take our 1961 TR4 out to the eastern-most edge of North America to compete in next September's Targa Newfoundland. Neither of us have been to Newfoundland before, so we thought that this would be a good way to see it - although we might be moving a bit fast to appreciate some of the scenery :)

Targa is a week-long event that combines a full-blown stage rally with a road rally across a common 1,600km course - we'll be in the Grand Touring category which is a Time/Speed/Distance (TSD) road rally. It's significantly shorter than our last event, but there are a lot more stages and the average speeds will be a lot higher too.

We're working on finding a few sponsors right now and I'll put the TR back to tarmac spec (which basically means re-fitting standard height springs and road tyres) and fettle a few more things between now and next September. I'm hoping to drive it out and back too (3000km each way)...but I might rethink that...

I'll update with any major news as it turns up.

In the meantime, there's info here for anyone who's interested: http://www.targanewfoundland.com/index.php/en/

Cheers,

Tim