Air Cleaner Twin Feed Tubes

I've just replaced my air filter and I was wondering if there's any advantage in not connecting the 2 feed tubes to the air cleaner canister, I'm sure I read it was better to leave them off, what's the general consensus?

Edited by Kevo_6

My car came new without them and I never gave it a thought until I read on the forum that some cars had them, I fail to see any advantage, as we all know the Plenum is the real design fault as per getting air to all the inlets...I don't see how two pipes would help that!

Don't know the answer but would the tubes facilitate a ram air effect given thei location ?

They are a TR6 part being listed in the parts book along with the metal straps to hold them in place. They were certainly fitted to my car originally and I still have them however now on a shelf having been removed a few years back and it was only last week that I was thinking about refitting them in the not too distant future.

cheers

Derek

My CR had them. Why? - maybe to avoid ingesting water kicked up by the front o/s wheel ?? extra silencing ???

Not Robin's ram effect as they laid flat across the width of the car. Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold

Whilst on the topic... has anyone got a pic of how they are installed/arranged?

Found it-thanks.

So the pipes run across the front side by side & just underneath the grille?