Donington - Saturday 5th September

Look forward to seeing you on track on Saturday, Alan. Did you see that your old sparring partner from the TR Register race championship, Paul Dingle, is entered in the Future Classics race in a Porsche 944!

Mike

Tom - 2 spares if you need - but no spare paddock vehicle pass - let me know if you need.

Mike - I had noticed the name - not sure if "sparring partner" is the correct term - but we did kiss and make up many years ago!!!

Edited by alan57

Look forward to seeing you on track on Saturday, Alan. Did you see that your old sparring partner from the TR Register race championship, Paul Dingle, is entered in the Future Classics race in a Porsche 944!

Mike

Mike/Alan

Paul is also doing the Modern Classics race in same car on Sunday and his Business Partner, another ex TR Register Championship contender, Tony Blake is in his Porsche 911 in the Sports v Saloons race on Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing you on the grid.

Dave McD

Well done to all who participated in the event!!!

Sadly couldn't make it due to running around sorting daughters 1st school uniform out that wasn't ready when it should have been......

Weather was good for you all !!!!

Tom

Total bloody shambles!!!Red Flagged as car(s) off on oil - after 1 lap of pace car?? Results scrambled as the first part of the race does not appear to have been timed at all!!! My pit stop was pretty slick (thanks to all helpers) but that lap was timed at over 17 minutes! WTF happened goodness only knows! V unsatisfactory day!!

Yes Alan thought so as i was trying to watch how you all got on on MST timing. Couldn't understand a thing ?

Feel for you as all that commitment to get a race at Donnington and for what ?

ROY

Total bloody shambles!!!Red Flagged as car(s) off on oil - after 1 lap of pace car?? Results scrambled as the first part of the race does not appear to have been timed at all!!! My pit stop was pretty slick (thanks to all helpers) but that lap was timed at over 17 minutes! WTF happened goodness only knows! V unsatisfactory day!!

Yep - what a cock-up. Long day for not much racing (whole point of Swing Sixties to get plenty of track time). A lot of day under car changing diff after flange on cover bust (lucky Mike H had some old bits trying to off load I could get spare diff and cover (Cheers :)). Then had the beating of the 7.4 Vette that Won. On restart went for the lead against toy Ginetta into first corner and throttle parted! Bollox.....