This chap owns the Dorreti trademark.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Doretti-Climax-V-twin-Harley-Davidson-/252071643151?hash=item3ab0a4080f

Amazing what turns up on eBay. I was looking at a Ferrari 330 engine and gearbox for £200,000 and just checked his other items for sale. No, I will not be buying the engine!

Rodders.

The TM mark has no legal protection -- it's just someone claiming that mark for their offering. It can be a first step in getting a registered trademark, the circle-R mark, but it has nothing more to it now than a guy chosing to use that ASCII character after a word.

He does not "own" the Doretti trademark. He just claims it's his.

He treats the "Coventry Climax" name as lightly, applying it to a three wheeler.

AFAIK, all CC engines were straight 4-6 cylinder, water-cooled, not V-twin, air cooled.

And he claims to also own the Swallow coach building Co. marque, which as any fule no was the interim origin of Jaguar.

I'm not surprised that "THEY DON'T HAVE THE FUNDS AVAILABLE TO SECURE PART OF THEIR OWN HISTORY" ... if he is,"LOOKING FOR OFFERS OF £30,000 "

Chancer - he probably doesn't own the Ferrari engine either.

John

In 1945, Jaguar eschewed their previous "SS" logo, derived from Swallow Sidecars, for rather obvious reasons given the date, but stated by William Lyons to be because "the name Jaguar is distinctive and cannot be connected or confused with any similar foreign name"

Perhaps it is 'available' now, when so many will have forgotten the awful connotations of those letters.

John