Abandoned '72 TR6

Been driving by an abandoned TR6 for the past 5 weeks. The last two I've been stopping to check it out. Its located on Hwy 10 Near the on-ramp to Hwy J, Stevens Point, WI

I've taken pictures of the car, inside and out.

The back 'window' is torn out, there's a huge crack in the windshield. Inside looks to be gutted - the dash anyway; no radio. Seats are ripped and torn. Mice are living in it.

Plates are from CA and are dated 1990. Keys were left in it. It was abandoned right around when the Iola Old Car Show took place.

There were two #s in the dash, neither of which are the owner of the car. To me, keys in an abandoned car mean, Take it. Its yours.

I'm attempting to stake claim but am investigating as much as possible to see if I can't track down the owner.

Thoughts ?

I've made contact with the landowner and he was hoping the owner would contact him, but no such luck there. I have yet to contact the CA DMV and WI DMV to pry for more information.

The car is located just off the Hwy in an 'access drive' to a corn field.

• 4 weeks later...

I too have stopped to look at this TR on my way back from Iola.

At first I thought it was for sale. Upon closer look, I think you are right, it is abandoned.

I would be curious to find out why it is there.

Post whether you were able to get it or not.

Roger

Maybe get the landowner to sign something giving you ownership of something found abandoned on his property, take the car away and keep it to make sure the dust settles?

Getting a clean title could be tricky -- possibly via a salvage title, with the downstream headaches that can cause.