Finally started taking the head off to find cause of my overheating problems. (head gasket or cracked blocked).

My Haynes manual says to shut off the main fuel line tap, on the line as it enters the engine bay. There isn't one on mine, been replaced by some shielded rubber pipe I'm guessing, but it seems like a good idea. Did they have one originally? Do people still have them?

Cheers

Dave

====

They didnt have one originally, it was deleted after 3a production IIRC.

Stuart.

My experience is they are fine if you do not touch them (Original Ewerts fuel tap on TR2-3A)

Once you use them, after a long time of being static, they leak and require maintenance which involves shutting off the fuel supply from the tank......

Peter W

Thanks.

I think I might put one in.

Dave

===

The original 2/3/3A tap can be made to work well, just ditch the cork seal, & replace with a short section of rubber fuel pipe (you have to choose the right diameter of course) I did this in 2013, & it still works well, & does not leak.

Bob.

Pete & Tom, did you use this sort of thing?

http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p-Inline_fuel_tap_fuel_cock_8mm_connections-6268.aspx?gclid=CLmT_ern7sYCFWQTwwod9tQKBg

Peter W

Bob, I like the idea of a piece of rubber hose as a replacement for the cork. I just do not touch the tap on my car unless it is critical.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Deletion of the cut-off valve was one of Triumph's stupid cost-saving measures. With the tank holding about 12 gallons (more in my case) and sitting above the rear axle it is very difficult (unless the tank is nearly empty) to stop the flow if one disconnects at the fuel pump, so installation of a cut-off valve is very sensible.

Ian Cornish

I like that one, Peter. Compact and metal.

7b6fe-STP787_copy.jpg

I keep a pair of these in my TRs toolkit. Simple enough to clamp the fuel line leading into the pump in case I need to dig into it, and they have other uses too. These are cheap and available from many sources.

31%2BzmW7FK7L.jpg

Edited by Don H.

I believe that Revington TR used to make a flexible braided stainless pipe with an inline tap. Nice but not cheap if I recall.

Paul

THIS one, Paul? No photo. Definitely pricey -- £84 with VAT.