What a day to drive a TR6, lots of helpful people.

I have not got involved in the TR world other than owning a 6, enjoying this forum,where I have found lots of friendly advice and direction. But I have never used one of the advertised services, in the Tr Register.

I live in Surrey and needed some further help with my car so when to my nearest advertised garage, Rees Bros, in Aldershot.

On the way there on the A3 I was overtaken by another TR6, French blue. How fast was he going ? Anyway got to my destination and the first thing I was offered was a drink. Hot weather ! Also, the TR I'd seen earlier was there having an assessment. The owner a member of Thames Valley.

All resolved, I was feeling very pleased and returned home.

Reflecting on my day.......the TR6 is a great car to drive....hood down. Lots of cars (passengers) acknowledging what a great car we all drive, but also the fantastic support we get from the advertised services. Many thanks to all of you. Best regards to all of them, Peter

I couldn't agree more, fantastic group of chaps, even those who own mg's etc...I find that anyone who owns a classic or just enjoys seeing them out are the most salt of the earth nice people. Everywhere I go in my tr6 im asked if they could take a look and a photo and mine isn't mint! I'm 26 so its always a surprise to the elders to see me jump out of her but I always get the same comment "nice to see a young lad carrying on the love for classics!" Lets keep these fine pieces of machinery history on the road for many years to come!

Ah it seriously puts a smile on my face at 26, Ive had a few modern sports cars and hot hatches but nothing compares to the mighty tr6! I just wonder if i'll still have her in many years to come...but what would I have instead for the price??

I had my Tr6 from age 22-31 and sold her. Had years of fun picking flys from my teeth after a long journey. Then bought her back 20 years later and my grin is still as wide.

Cheers Peter.

Peter

I am loving the interior, really pleased, oh and also the wheels, have pictures if interested but will need you email again

Kevin

Hi Kevin

I was thinking the other day .....the project must be nearly done. Best regards Peter