Metering unit problem

Hi All.

Greetings from sunny Ireland, just before we came away I'd changed the metering unit I now appear to have a problem with it.

Car starts fine and runs great from a cold start but once you stop for 10 mins or so will then only fire on 5, no 3 is not then firing for a minuet or so then cuts in but after there seems to be a slight hesitation, I'm wondering if something is sticking n the unit after a stop when it's up to temp.

Any ideas ?

Mark

Here is a taste of what has been going on.....

Nice photography, marki.

No knowledge of the metering unit, but you can do a check to determine that it is not electrical--- just switch ignition wires from #3 with another cylinder.

Hi Mark.

Might be a problem with the valve within the union, I would suggest swopping over No 3 union with No 4 (next to each other on the metering unit) and then see if the No 3 injector and injector pipe work now have fuel flowing / spraying - if ok, then check No4 as this should then have the original problem,

Also check to see if any bits of the rubber cone ring have perished and become stuck in the union / outlet

Pat

Hi Mark,

Sorry can't help.....enjoy the Guinness while enjoying the view! Fantastic country side.....just about worth breaking down for!

Matt

Hi Mark.

Yes it's possible that a valve can stick open or closed (possibility of small bit of old "non unleaded type seals" these old seals break down with modern unleaded fuel and can get stuck in the outlet union - ask me how I know),

If they stick open - they let the petrol in the injector pipework slowly leak back to the metering unit / main pipework via gravity and back to the fuel pump / tank.

its ok when running, but can take a few turns of the engine to get the injector primed and firing correctly

If they stick closed, well that's no fuel being delivered to the injector.

If you need any bits refurbishing, then Neil Ferguson is the man that I can vouch for - done my metering unit 2 years ago + injectors + prv -- first class service, excellent prices and all parts looking good and working brilliantly

Pat

Mark,looks like your a good bit away from me at the moment but if needed I have a New Meetering Unit here,I'm away Tomorrow and Wens but if your still not sorted give me a Buzz and I'll see what I can do 0876383738.

Hi Phil.

Yes all bled fine but when I did it the car etc was cold.

Hi Naill.

That's a very kind offer, I hope to have it sorted soon as I've asked Neil to pop one in the post.

Cheers again Mark

Well good man Neil Ferguson came up trumps AGAIN new non return valve delivered to me in Ireland, and now all fixed.

I owe him an Ale.

Mark

Fully agree with your comment on Neil, he is my Number one and first Choice in the case of Lucas Fuel Injection Problems. Just visited him before Stoneleigh Parts Day, niceShop and very well equipped.

Robert