Best way to fit door glass seals?

I've got my passenger door panel off to adjust the glass (whole other story!)

I decided to fit the inner and outer glass seals

The inner furry one was easy, but what's the best way to fit the clips on the outer seal? Seems to me removing the glass would be the best option....is that an easy task?

Simon

Iirc (and it's quite possible that I don't) you can remove the bottom stop bracket and allow the glass to drop below the upper door edge. Then you can fit the outer seals.

Iirc (and it's quite possible that I don't) you can remove the bottom stop bracket and allow the glass to drop below the upper door edge. Then you can fit the outer seals.

Correct

You do also need to make up the tool to fit the outer clips as well. Be aware you may also have to unbolt the rear window slide to get the rear clip on.

Stuart.

The tool you can purchase from moss is good although a bit bulky.....

I tend to fit the clips to the skin once I have marked out where they need to be then hold the clips with said tool and press trim down gently.

Works for me anyway

????

Tom

I made a tool, strip of 2/3 mm metal as wide as the clip and 20 cms long. Bend over one end to form a hook big enough to hold clip.Slip clip in bent section and slide into door and pull clip into playce. Glass etc not removed.

The glass will not fit through the slot with both seals fitted, not with the channel fitted that is

The tool you can purchase from moss is good although a bit bulky.....

I tend to fit the clips to the skin once I have marked out where they need to be then hold the clips with said tool and press trim down gently.

Works for me anyway

Tom

Only thing with doing it that way is it is possible to bend the trim.Personally I find its easier to pull them up onto the trim when its in position.

You can get the glass back in with the bottom channel on if you have the outer strip fitted but with the inner weather strip removed, It needs the glass to be inserted vertically. I have had to do this several times to replace scratched glass.Its easier to remove and replace the inner weather strip without disturbing the clips.

Stuart.

Also key to have the correct clips. If you have original then great but the ones supplied by a number of the usual suspects are a smudge too small. However woollies have ones that fit perfectly.

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1280-spring-clip.aspx

Cheers

Tim