LH Crash pad (Handle type) recovering

Although there are several old postings regarding recovering passenger crash handles, has anyone had any recent experience on DIY or found a trimmer who can handle this.

Thanks

The grab handle has quite a few twists and turns in it and re-covering with the normal vinyl cloth can be great fun - but do'able.

One small problem is the metal backing plate on the forward face of the handle itself.

This is a snug fit without the vinyl. When the vinyl is laid on the plate doesn't fit so well.

If you are going to use vinyl there is also the concern over grain pattern. There are dozens of pattern and probably none that match the rest of the car perfectly.

But a close should be available.

I'll send you a PM

Roger

This is a task I undertook last year on a very poor quality set of dash pads, I've been very pleased with the end result - if it helps I can put up a sequence of phots to show how I did it, I had to deal with rusty metal parts, damaged foam and cracked and missing vinyl top cover.

I got both my crash pads done in vinyl through TRGB a few years ago. I believe they use a trimmer but I don't know who they use.

Nevertheless, the cost was still very reasonable and the work was excellent - they also did a 4A H frame at the same time to match - can well recommend - no other interest other than a satisfied customer.

cheers

Rich