Replacement seat foam

Decided to upgrade original seats as the covers are in excellent condition , so have just forked out for new foams and diaphragms,

Can anyone enlighten me on the bestway forward or a good step by step guide would be much appreciated.

I intend to do this myself but need to speak to supplier about these sets first because they are rather different to the original . Or is this normal with replacement foam.

Being that I have a 69 tr6 is it possible I have tr5 seats, I not sure what the differences are.

Thanks Mark

One down one to go.

It's only taken two long night's and a long phone call to automotive interiors (suppliers of the foam sets via tr shop ) very helpful.

Very pleased with results need to get a little more tension in the lower seat pad.

Mark.

So what was the secret (sitting, idly wondering about same thing)?

Hi Matt

Both seats are now finished.

It's not been an easy job

Both frames needed a lot of work stripping ,welding and painting.

Replaced diaphragms and foam sets on both.

I used the original seat covers due to there excellent condition the only problem I encountered was the seat base foam was slightly deeper than standard, so the slit in the vinyl that went either side of the front hinge connectors is visible.

But this would only be visible if you were on your hands and knees with your head in the footwell.

I am extremely pleased with both seats the tension in the center section of the covers is not perfect, but have been told this could be down to covers being stretched with use.

Hope this helps with your decision

Regards Mark