Help on a couple of things

1: Oil pressure pipe and banjo.

2: Clutch lever on box.

1: So, The oil pressure banjo. In the picture you can see that I have placed it where I think it goes. Is this correct? The stud that goes in to the block does not appear to be hollow - should it be? It also does not appear to be long enough to take the banjo?

If any one has a pic of the correct installation I would be very grateful.

2: There is a pin/bolt missing from our gearbox that holds the shaft in place. I am struggling to identify a parts number from Moss or Rimmers. Has anyone got the part number I need. On Rimmers it looked like it was not available anymore?

Again, Grateful for any help.

Paul

As I recall, the stud is solid as the oil route is via the clearance between the hole in the filter housing and the threads of the stud.

But you do have the get the copper washers on either side of the banjo the right way round. I think its the one with the larger hole goes on first and the one with the smaller hole goes on last.

But best you wait for confirmation of this from others!

Norman

Thanks Norman. Looks like my stud may be too short?

1: Oil pressure pipe and banjo.

2: Clutch lever on box.

2: There is a pin/bolt missing from our gearbox that holds the shaft in place. I am struggling to identify a parts number from Moss or Rimmers. Has anyone got the part number I need. On Rimmers it looked like it was not available anymore?

Again, Grateful for any help.

Paulattachicon.gifIMG_7950.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7952.JPG

You need to check the shaft that is in your bell housing. If it has a groove in it the retaining bolt is used and can be fitted. If not then no retaining bolt is used or fitted.

See here - shaft drawn has the groove and a grease nipple - not drawn is the type without the groove. that does not have the ability to accept a retaining bolt

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/clutch-transmission-drivetrain/clutch-systems/clutch-drive-components-8b7cfd.html

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Your oil filter is wrong. The stud is the lower left bolt positon as you are looking at it and it is long enough to take the larger copper washer first then the banjo then the smaller copper washer and then the correct domed nut on the end. The pipe then runs under the housing head and behind the filter canister and then up behind the fuel pump with a clip on the rear nut of the fuel pump head. Fairly clearly illustrated in the Moss catalogue. As Pete W has stated check the clutch cross shaft for an indent to take a bolt. If no indent then dont fit it.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Thanks Stuart, That is very clear now - brill.

On the cross shaft, we do appear to have an indent so I'll check and go for the bolt. Thanks Peter W:-)

Best.

Paul

Check that you dont have any binding on the cross shaft when you fit the bolt as I have found this can happen, if so then leave it out, later cars had it deleted anyway.

Stuart.

Hi Paul'

your picture shows the hole for the clutch cross shaft retaining bolt on the lever side of the box.

Mine is on the far side from the lever and you may well find the shafts only have the indent on the far side.

However I also found that leaving the bolt out allowed the cross shaft/fork/bearing to find its natural centre. With the bolt fitted the whole thing felt iffy.

Leave the bolt out - do find out why you have a hole where your pic shows.

If you remove the oil filter housing you will see the oilway going to the correct stud position.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Hmm, thanks Roger and Graham.

I had been told that the hole was for a taper pin/bolt.

The holes on each side are different diameters which would suggest taper.

One side seems threaded - need to double check and if so maybe that could grease nipple then?

The plot thickens?

Best.

Paul.