Hi All,

I've been a member on here for some time, but not posted much.

A few years ago, I wanted to do some classic rallying and settled on the TR4 as the car to do in. I couldn't find a good base 4, so ended up buying a 4A. The doom sayers all sucked-in their breaths and said it would never do!

I bought my TR4A as a std car way back in 1998, (amazed that's 17 years ago now!!!) after it had undergone a basic rebuild some 8 years previously. It still needed a lot of attention to make it a reliable and drivable car. So it slowly morphed into what it is today. Have done a few Classic rally events, from the first one in 1998 where I finished last as the dynamo packed up in the pouring rain in Wales and we ground to a halt, miles from the finish, cold wet and hungry. We got the wooden spoon award.

Soon made some improvements and slowly got the hang of the rallies/regularities/ etc etc. Unfortunately after a few events, my health took a turn for the worst and the car has been sitting in my garage unused for about 7 years now, only occasionally taking it for a drive around the block to keep everything lubricated and working. In the last 7 years its only covered 56 miles !

A couple of weeks ago I decided I wanted to get it back up and running and maybe do a couple of "refresher" rallies, so took the covers off and started the recommissioning process.

I'm based in Herts and have a little more time on my hands now, so will try and attend one of the N London meets in Hemel I believe??

Any way, here are a couple of pictures of my car. Its not everyones cup of tea, but I like it and it does for me. Welcome your comments good or bad.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Derfs/slideshow/TR4

Lazz

Edited by olazz

Your car is fabulous, I really like a rally TR !

Welcome to the forum.

Very jealous :-)

Steve

That's a great cuppa tea. Wonderful looking motor and a credit.

My type of TR

What's not to like? Love those floodmaps too.

What size DCOEs are those? 40s or 45s?

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks for the comments guys.

Tom they are 45's. Had 40's on before but the 45's do make a considerable difference.

Lazz,

Great car!

The NLG are having their (non) AGM at the Red Lion (HP3 9TD) on the 9th April, so there should be a good turn out (free nibbles etc always works), and hopefully there will be reserved parking on the pub's meadow. It will be good to have another 4 pot in the line up!

Mike (TR4)

Welcome Lazz,

We in North London Group are mostly hands on to speak and all very friendly enthusiast's. We do use our TR,s with lots of trips into Europe and here.Our Tiara tour which starts in May which as the name suggest's, we bring our better halves to join in the fun with entertainment laid on By Howard and Loretta Pryor abetted by Bob and Carol Grou. Always a good tour and oversubscribed.

So we look forward to meeting you and your TR4a and the Non AGM would be a good introduction or our shiny car night held on the grass area behind the Old Red Lyon in Kings Langley.This is a secure

grass area to park with tables to sit at in the summer months.

Regards Harry.

I can't see any pics on the album, but it sounds loverly - as everyone knows, I am jealous of most 4's :mellow:

Welcome Lazz,

We in North London Group are mostly hands on to speak and all very friendly enthusiast's. We do use our TR,s with lots of trips into Europe and here.Our Tiara tour which starts in May which as the name suggest's, we bring our better halves to join in the fun with entertainment laid on By Howard and Loretta Pryor abetted by Bob and Carol Grou. Always a good tour and oversubscribed.

So we look forward to meeting you and your TR4a and the Non AGM would be a good introduction or our shiny car night held on the grass area behind the Old Red Lyon in Kings Langley.This is a secure

grass area to park with tables to sit at in the summer months.

Regards Harry.

Thanks Harry, will do my best to get there. The tiara tour sounds interesting, where do I find out more information?

I can't see any pics on the album, but it sounds loverly - as everyone knows, I am jealous of most 4's :mellow:

Not sure why you can't see album. working fine on windows and mac from this end. What's the significance of the 6 trophies in your sig line MM?

Lazz

Edited by olazz