Does anybody know this TR4?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, I was lucky enough to purchase this TR4, the seats are US TR6 high backs' but I'm looking for a pair of original seats, I drove it home after buying it a total of 145 miles and it drove fine, there's a couple of things that requires attention, but I have just had it tuned and it now idles as it should, all in all I have not stopped smiling,

Peter

Hi All, I was lucky enough to purchase this TR4, the seats are US TR6 high backs' but I'm looking for a pair of original seats, I drove it home after buying it a total of 145 miles and it drove fine, there's a couple of things that requires attention, but I have just had it tuned and it now idles as it should, all in all I have not stopped smiling,

Peter

Hi Peter and welcome to the Forum and TR ownership.

Looks like you got a very nice car there, enjoy.

Cheers

Graeme

Hi Peter, nice looking car I hope you cover many miles with it.

Maybe just the way the photos are taken or even maybe the car hadn't settled on it's suspension, but there seems a lot of space above the rear tyres in the arch and to have positive camber. Sometimes when rebuilt the settings and spacers at the rear on IRS cars are lost or mixed up, now you've done a few miles in it has it settled down ?

Mick Richards

Hi Mick,

Re the wheel to wheel arch space/camber, as this is my first TR4 I'm not to sure if it should look this way, i have seen many TR4A IRS's looking this way and it certainly drives well , I hope to attend the next Essex TR Register meeting and get some expert advice on the car, on the good side i have now purchased 2 very nice front TR4A seats from a very nice chap (Paul) which will be fitted once i have the new runners delivered.

Peter W

Well done Pete. I think you went and saw it on the morning after I spoke to them about it and I wasn't able to get there until the Saturday. Maybe I should have had the day off.

Looked a nice car from the pics with just minimal tidying up needed.

I found another to buy and am enjoying the experience of back to basics driving, it"s great fun.

Enjoy you car.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Unless you are looking for originality, I would suggest you look for a pair of 4A seats as they are a considerable improvement over those originally fitted to the 4s.

Cheers

Geoff