Requesting Information through Bill Piggott

I have recently read in the TR Action magazine that by sending a cheque to Bill Piggott it is possible to get some historical information on our vehicles. Although the article seems to differentiate between UK vehicles and overseas vehicles. Before I waste his time (and a cheque) I wondered if it would be possible to pose the question below to ascertain: should I send my vehicle details to Mr Piggott or to someone else (in the USA?) to get original build details - I am particularly keen to ascertain the original colour and engine size/serial number.

My 1958 TR3A started out life in the USA as a LHD car, and was exported back to the UK in the early 90s to undergo a restoration and conversion to RHD. I am the third owner since its export back to the UK.

I have refrained from putting my specific vehicle details on here as I don't want to circumvent the process, I just want to send them to the right place first time.

Grateful for a steer in this regard, if possible from Bill himself ?.......

Thanks - Dale

Bill has access to the original build records I believe so it includes most if not all of the sidescreen cars regardless of their final destination. The info from Bill is more complete than the heritage certificate. I got the build info for my 1960 TR3A from Bill and it included a missing body tag number. Frank Angelini supplied the brass tag once I had the number.

Stan

...it includes most if not all of the sidescreen cars regardless of their final destination. The info from Bill is more complete than the heritage certificate...

Not TR3Bs though. My car's BMIHT certificate was pretty complete and useful to have. Edited by Don H.

I think I am right in saying BillP has access to records for

sidescreen cars, probably excluding TR3Bs.

He waits for a 'batch' so there may be a little delay (weeks

rather than months), but well worth the wait.

AlanR

Not having access to TRaction, how does one contact/forward details to Bill Piggott. Could he assist with Belgium 1966/7 CKD 4A?

Send a PM to Billp and ask if he can help or get a deal on a trace and a TSOA badge..

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/50966-tsoa-badge/?p=415289

Stan

Edited by foster461

BillP cannot do traces on the TR4/4A series or later.

Have to go through Heritage.

If it's a CKD car, I doubt if there will be much detail

from Heritage. There should be some records from

wherever it was assembled.

AlanR

Actually, I am trying to expand on the information received from Heritage, namely that the parts for my 4A were dispatched from Canley on 20 May 1966 to Malines, Belgium for assembly.

There are many features of the 4A that are prompting me to delve deeper to what processes were in place for CKD cars. So just exploring all sources for additional info. Thanks

If you "don't have access to the TR Action magazine", does that

mean you are not a member of the Register?

There may be some information available from the Malines works.

TR Register Belgium may also have general information on the

Malines works, what information may be available and perhaps

some knowledge of the processes.

TR-Register Belgium, Eric Decavele,

Groeningekaai 24 bus 23, B8500 Kortrijk,

T: ++32 475 468955

E: edecavele@hotmail.com

W: www.trregister.be

AlanR

Edited by TR 2100
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Dale,

I speak from being in the same situation as your self. My car was also a left hand drive from the USA and I needed to know the same questions. I got in touch with the Heritage Centre at Gaydon gave them all the relevant info on the car together with my card details for the cost of searching and a laminated copy of the details. Shortly after they got in touch to say that the details of certain cars were unreadable, my car was one of them. Please bear in mind the info was written some 50-60 years ago. They promptly refunded my money with apologies. I thought all was lost I had paid £11000 for the car and was worrying if I would ever get it registered until a kind member on this web site told me to get in touch with Bill Piggott. I contacted him and explained my situation and asked if he could help me. He has his own records and is one of the leading authorities on tr's and wrote books on them. True to his word he collected all the information and sent it to me, the info included colour and extras fitted. I know this info was correct as other members got in touch with me whose numbers were very close to my number I put on this site. I cannot speak too highly about Bill I have never met him but through my own experience I found him to be extremely kind, honest, helpful and a man who is true to his word. I would also like to thank every one on this site for their help also.

Kind regards

Keith