Took some pics of my new TR250 today , Loving it :-)

Thanks and lovely to have so many nice comments, cheers Kew for the video here was me thinking how easy it was, but obviously diong it the wrong way ! I did make the mistake of putting it back up after dark :-( was very tight fit ...

lovely stance on your TR6 kevo i do look at mine and this the wheel arch gaps are a bit too big , does it bugger up the ride a lot if you fit the lower springs , plus I have the wider 6" wheels so not sure about the clearance ?

Carl,

Seems you bagged a very nice car, well done!

Not sure what part of the UK your'e in, but if you haven't done so already it's probably worth getting the RHD conversion checked out to make sure it's been done correctly.

As for the hood, to keep the clear plastic as scratch free as possible I (as do others) lay a soft towel on the rear screen and then fold the side bits over before fitting the hood bag or a tonneau.

Regards

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Hi Carl

I saw this car for sale and thought it was very good value. I would have been interested myself had I not purchased a similar one in December. I paid a bit less for a newly finished project, but by the time I've added some of the "improvements" which yours has come with, suspect the price will be around the same.

I haven't collected mine yet as my new garage isn't finished, but have arranged to collect it from the previous owner in a couple of weeks time. Can't wait particularly as the weather is improving!!

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Carl

Yes, a 250 in Triumph Racing Green. Built in August 1967 and exported to Chicago.

Returned to the UK about 20 years ago when it was converted to RHD. The previous owner took 18 years over a rebuild and still had jobs to do when his daughter asked if would take her to the church in it for her wedding. He then gave it to a chap I've known for 20 odd years (Wes)and who has done work on several of my cars, to be finished. When Wes looked at it he realised lots of the work hadn't been done properly, so had to undo quite a bit and then do it again. When I mentioned to Wes I was in the market for a 4-6, he mentioned this car and suspected it wasn't being used. I contacted the owner who confirmed it had done only 260 miles since the rebuild.

Its been completely rebuilt and sprayed in its original colour. The interior was originally black, but has been replaced in a greyish leather colour with green piping. It looks smart but I'd prefer tan or black. Its been converted to wires but I will probably convert back to bolt ons as I like minilites and don't fancy cleaning wires! Its still got stromburgs, but I've purchased a complete PI system with Bosch pump, just in case I decide to convert. I've got a 5 head as spare, but expect I will fit that with the PI system. Alternatively I might shim the existing 250 head to increase compression. I also picked up an almost new hood with frame, tonneau and hood cover, all in tan, for a cheap price.

Its got a walnut dash, but the varnish has started to crack.

I was going to give it to Wes to do a few jobs for me but have now decided to enjoy it for the summer and then do the jobs over the winter in my new garage, which I'm also thinking of installing some heating! I collect it a week on Wednesday and am taking it straight to a local paint shop to do some minor detailing (eg the inside of the boot hasn't been sprayed??). I also intend to fit electronic ignition, possibly a 123, but have also had good experience with luminition.

I'm lucky enough to have some other interesting cars to drive, but I've always fancied a 4-6. I think the 250 is a nice compromise between a 4 and 6 and, particularly if I fit the PI, will give the driving experience and looks of a 5 at a fraction of the cost!

Good to see yours is now working ok. My first proper drive will be a bit tentative, but fingers crossed. I've got RAC cover, just in case as the drive from where it is now to home is around 30 miles, mostly along country lanes!

Cheers

Martyn

Sounds like a good car Martyn, I think your right to enjoy it for a bit and will be great when you have done your stuff to it , have you got any pics ? Mine was fully restored 12 years ago and pretty much sorted , very happy with how it drives has a few performance mods With a rebuilt engine and TR6 overdrive gearbox. it has MX5 seats which are great but cloth so I will have those re trimmed in leather . Do you have any pics would be interested in seeing them :-)

Hi Carl

I'm planning some of the mods you have too. Mine will need "shaking down" as it hasn't done many miles since the rebuild, so it will be interesting to see what needs attending too. Not much I hope!!

No pics yet and not sure how to add them if I had!?!

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Carl

There are some reasonable black leather seats on ebay at the moment, both MX5 and a very good set of after market.

Cheers

Martyn