I have not seen the car but it was owned and restored by a good guy in Portugal who is known by other Register members.

It does seem in good condition and pretty much 'correct' from the photos.

I have contact details for the current German owner but I don't know him..

Other Italias are for sale in Europe and I am told one or two have changed hands recently at similar price levels.

Hi Paul

I've been searching for 'Triumph Italia' using the usual search engine culprits and haven't come across

any currently for sale apart from the £99k car in Japan and the 59TR Italia that has now been taken off the

market or has been sold... ?

Are there other Italia's for sale that don't come up on my searches ?

Best regards

Rob

Can't have my beloved Italias besmirched by the hoi polloi :) :)

Anal, retentive, seeking after truth, and proud of it.

Actually, there are 2 types of ashtray used in production Italias, both made by B.O.M in Italy.

One has a curved base and the other a flat base - otherwise identical although the curved base variant looks taller when fitted.

They seem to be interchangeable darlings, as they are in a Maserati 3500GT, which has 2 of them.

Presumably the usual wayward characteristics of any Mazzer when pushed hard ensured that non-smokers would soon enough feel the need for a cigarette ? Hence an ashtray apiece ?

I can't imagine that the Italia had the power to share the terminal understeer snapping into terminal oversteer given a carelessly heavy right foot ?

Cheers

Alec

Many people, particularly in the United States, consider the design, location and number of cup holders in a vehicle to be one of the most important attributes influencing their vehicle purchase. Italians take a contrary view: that they are not only irrelevant but encourage a dangerous practice which distracts drivers from their primary task.

In Europe, cup holders in cars are not used as much as in the United States and are viewed with amusement or contempt by some motorists. It is actually a legal offence to drink from a cup while driving in many countries. However, as most cars are now built for a global market which includes the United States, many cars in Europe sadly now do feature cup holders.

Edited by Paul Harvey

I've accepted that if I'm killed in a fiery one-car crash, owing to beverage-related distracted driving, I'll die caffeinated and happy.

I occasionally transport a travel mug of coffee in my Italia, but don't imbibe in transit. There are limits.

I assume there were also several configurations for Italia cup-holders. No, wait .... it wasn't Michelatte'.

Also, a more compete set of photos here:

http://ww3.autoscout24.nl/classified/265391313?asrc=st

Some more anomalies under the bonnet too in the way of breathing and capillary run, thermostat housing. Come on chaps for good money at least get it right..

Stuart.

When offered that car a few years back it was around half the curent asking price, so it looks like being a good investment for the current owner. From memory it's rarer than most Italias, being on a TSF series TR3B chassis/drive train.

I recall the restorer borrowed front and rear bumpers from a USA owner so he could have duplicates hand made. Much effort went into that rebuild to get it right.

Viv

Viv,

It is, indeed on a TSF = TR3B chassis which makes it technically 'rarer' than other Italias.

However, this last batch of Italia rolling chassis did not not get TR3B upgrades (neither the larger engine nor the 4-synchromesh gearbox) so are actually identical to earlier Italia chassis.

Also, the TSF cars had some simpler interior details.

The full story of how these last 29 Italias were made some considerable time after production had ceased and were all then exported to USA to be sold by Triumph is an ongoing subject of research.

• 3 weeks later...

At the risk of further abuse from the jealous sidescreen types I present for your delectation another Italia for sale in Paris:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C586801

This one appears in fabulous condition and I can confirm it is Vignale #323.

I am slightly surprised they have not spruced up the leather seats, which I suspect would look brilliant with a little effort.

As ever, knowledgeable types must make their own decisions about what level of correctness are acceptable.

Whether we like it or not, Italias are now a 'hundred grand car.'

$ some while ago.

Euros any day now.

£ - we'll see - good old Sterling is doing just fine against other major currencies so maybe you can still get a good 'un for a price you can almost afford in fivers under the mattress.....

Dekens allegedly sold near asking price.

Japanese Itaria still on the same website at reduced price.

316 will be announced very shortly.

Likely that 2 more restored cars will be available soon.

Edited by Paul Harvey