Throttle stop/limiter

Hi,

I'm still having problems adjusting the accelerator linkage. Whenever I try to take out the slack all that happens is the peddle moves up. The car is ex US converted to RHD. Obviously there is some type of adjustable limiter that i'm missing. I suspect something attached to the peddle box mounting but none of the bolts actually line up in a way that I could utilise as a stop. Please can anyone post a photo of how it should be done. Many thanks.

Noel

Hi Noel,

according to the Moss site/cat there is a limit stop. Sadly I can't remember if it is an upper stop or lower stop.

There is quite a lot of adjustment on the various linkage rods and the stops on the carb should allow the carb to be set properly.

I'll nip out in a mo and see what is on the 4A.

Roger

Hi Noel,

I've had a look at mine. There is a lower stop (open throttle) but the upper stop (throttle closed) is controlled by the stops on the carbs and the spring tension on the throttle pedal.

The lower stop is passed from inside to out on the front bulkhead. Use one of the various holes that aligns with the pedal arm.

Roger