Leaking windscreen / bulkhead

We are experiencing a familiar summer rain event. 100mm in a couples of hours this morning and steady drenching rain ever since and forecast well into tomorrow.

Both TR's leak at the corners of the front screens which drips down on the screen bolts and into the cavity behind the footwell lining onto the sill rails and floor pan

Annoying

What is the recommended fix? Remove screen, new seals and lots of sikaflex sealant? Or is there a better way

Graze

Edited by Graze

Hi Graze, the only sure way of keeping a TR leak free is to keep it out of the rain!! although we love these old cars (some of them 60+ years) Triumph never intended them to last more than a few years and the design and build methods of the day had built in obsolescence written through like Brighton Rock!! They were ment to be driven, enjoyed, thrashed and then trashed and then back to buy another one.

You can lessen the leaks with modern sealing compounds and new seals etc but you will never have a totally leak free TR.

My 4A was just 5 years old when I bought it and already the rear wings had rusted through!!, however back then Stanpart body panels were over the counter items from Triumph dealers, I seem to remember 2 wings,fittings and chrome strips costing less than £30!

Cheers Rob