TR4 Sunvisors

Hi all, I'm about to become the proud owner of a second hand set of sunvisors including all the bars and screws. As my car (convertable late TR4) has never had them, I was wondering if anybody would be kind enough to send me a photo of their sunvisors in place and possibly some key measurements for the screw holes or if such a thing exists as installation instructions (you never know what someone might have tucked away). Any assistance much appreciated.

Mark

On my 62 car they are straight. I think on later models things are different.

Mike

Ohh I'm really interested to see what arrives now. As long as they stop me being blinded that's the thing for me :D

Mark

I've always assumed that the later cranked brackets

were to give more clearance for the later-style TR4A

hood fixing.

So, cranked brackets on a TR4 would not be a problem,

but straight brackets on a 4A would be.

That's assuming the fixing holes are in the same location.

AlanR

4VC is an early 1962 car. There are 3 screw holes for mounting the sun visors, with the screws at the end of each visor being 17 inches from the centre screw (I measured this on both sides from the head of the screws).

Each visor sits on a straight bar, but, of course, the mounting piece at the centre allows for the curve of the screen.

Ian Cornish

Choice of thousands for under a tenner on the 'Bay . . . . :D;)

Cheers

Alec

My "under a tenner" Sherlock deer stalker was put down in no uncertain terms by an ex WWII RAF Group Captain we visited in '76.

He was an Aussie who had joined the RAF before the Battle of Britain and had been thoroughly anglicised, accent, attitude and all.

He went for the $95 jobs.

Thanks to all for the info, and the dubious fashion advice :P , at least nobody suggested the full Biggles outfit :o

I have now received the bars and visors, postman Pat misplaced them at the local depot when I went to collect. The bars are the later cranked type, which is fine and feeling through the black material cover on the windscreen frame I can feel screw holes and slots for the spire nuts, so should just be a case of a sharp knife to get the spire nuts in and pushing the screws through.

Thanks All

Mark