Unrestored TR4A - a real drooler for original afficionados

I'm not convinced it hasn't been restored to some

extent or that its originality makes it a "drooler".

Example: the wings don't sit on the sill very well.

I don't think it would have left the factory like that.

AlanR

"....most well preserved, all-original TR4A in the world today ..."

"...100% rust-free..."

"....the finest, original, leather interior we've ever seen on a Triumph..."

"...has retained all its original parts...."

"...drives as though it came off the line yesterday..."

I think the opening line of cross examination would be "i take it you havent seen or driven too many triumphs sir"

100% rust free eh, not a single nut or bolt or seam with any rust and they checked under all the paint on the covered panels and chassis - wow thats commitment to accurate selling

Apart from the panel fit on the sides several details underbonnet not original, Fuel line to pump and A/R line run, spin on oli filter conversion, missing cover to fuse box, Wiper motor shows it as being a late 65 car,(chassis number puts it at mid 66.) hose clips and the wiring loom across the front across the air duct was laid better, missing gear lever gaiter and from the little can be seen of the underside I suspect it will be a disappointment, Looks like the usual polished to within an inch of its life all the bits you can see. It is a nice enough looking car but certainly top dealer priced.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Seat piping very white and padding very plump too for a 50,000 mile car

I bet their neighbours in Cuban TR Register don't get bogged down with originality !

"what you say Miguel? heater hoses, nah, not original TR4A my amigo, they were cheap capitalist rubbish that never lasts, I took em off en put em on the wife's washing machine and replaced with some hydraulic pipes from the MIG in the back field...much bedder for the V8...... yeah I know, looks good as a pick-up eh..."

I could nit-pick it too, but was won over by its dash, steering wheel and seats which impress me as quite original ( apart from an apparent repair on the driver's seat back, in vinyl it seems :unsure: ). That those items in particular have survived so well vouches for the rest of the car - just my opinion of course ^_^ .

Oh, and the vendor's site has a pretty amazing early MGB on it as well, which sold for a song if the pictures don't lie.

Edited by Tom Fremont