Continental touring emergency kit tr5

Mad.....

Buy this kit and use a spare chassis and another TR5 is born lol.

Mick Richards

It was an early TR6 CTK to be precise and anal really. I'm sure the new owner will be very happy, good luck to him thats what I say!

Alan

It was an early TR6 CTK to be precise and anal really. I'm sure the new owner will be very happy, good luck to him thats what I say!

Alan

Hi Alan,

Why does it say TR5 on the ST box label?

Cheers

Graeme

Hi Alan,

Why does it say TR5 on the ST box label?

Cheers

Graeme

Hi Graeme

Yes you are correct, I have already had this conversation with my immediate cronies and I do agree that it was a TR5 kit as well as a TR6 kit. I dare say at that time when some hardy folks were putting these kits together they just grabbed whatever was in front of them, namely the black and gold hoses. These were for the TR250 and for the 1969 TR6's of course. So if you were lucky and bought one of these you could be be very lucky and have some lovely hoses for the TR6 but not for the TR5 but for the TR250 though. However with hindsight being a great thing you really should have hired one of these from a S/T dealer and swapped the B and G's for a set of black ones and handed it back!

Just my devious mind working overtime in hindsight.

Cheers

Alan

Bear in mind that these kits were available for hire as well as sale, back in the day. Then the hire stock sold off by dealers once the cars concerned became obsolete.

A kit bought in the latter 70s as dealer clearance might have been out on hire ten or twenty times, and had a fair few items replaced.

Cheers

Alec