Complete novice with leaking injector

Hi, question for those more experienced than I... Just checking over the car before going out for a blast and noticed a small mist cloud around an injector as engine was running. I appear to have a fuel leak from the upper exposed part of the injector, pipe is secure. Is it likely just to require removal, replacement of o ring etc or do they crack? Should I just replace?

Any immediate thoughts?

Had the car for nearly a year now and not had to do anything other than drive it....

Fault diagnosed: crack in the fuel pipe elbow connecting to the injector. Probably been used as leverage that caused the weld to fail. Spraying a fine jet of fuel over the injector manifold. Thanks for the help Andrew, very much appreciated.

Martin

Fault diagnosed: crack in the fuel pipe elbow connecting to the injector. Probably been used as leverage that caused the weld to fail. Spraying a fine jet of fuel over the injector manifold. Thanks for the help Andrew, very much appreciated.

Martin

Happy to help Martin - thanks for the tea.

Peter - fault diagnosed, now I just need to raid the Cox & Buckles parts bin.

Cheer

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

3hrs 56mins between asking for help and resolution.

Quicker than A&E.

The power of the forum !!!

Peter

Power indeed! First time for me mining the expertise on here, expectations now set unreasonably high for the next time...

Also note the time included tea and an interesting chin-wag about Andrew's considerable TR history!

Hi Martin

Did Andrew tell you about his "Mudflaps" that is really a exhaustive history? :o:ph34r:

All joking aside Andrew (George) is a top man :D a real gent, you are fortunate to have the knowledge on your doorstep.

Good to hear it's all sorted.

Cheers

Mike B)

3hrs 56mins between asking for help and resolution.

Quicker than A&E.

The power of the forum !!!

Peter

And all without being exposed to a drunk spewing up over your feet !!!

Hi Martin

Did Andrew tell you about his "Mudflaps" that is really a exhaustive history? :o:ph34r:

All joking aside Andrew (George) is a top man :D a real gent, you are fortunate to have the knowledge on your doorstep.

Good to hear it's all sorted.

Cheers

Mike B)

Mike,

The cheque is in the post............. :rolleyes:

Mudflaps; the punishment continues! :D

Cheers

Andrew

And all without being exposed to a drunk spewing up over your feet !!!

Or, in the case of out new A&E, sewage flowing acoss the floors

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/health/sewage-leaks-beset-ysbyty-glan-7729116