Revival Motorsport Surrey Surrounds

Great minds think alike Glenn we must have been posting at the same time, they do look good and priced around £900.00 it's more cost effective than buying an original aluminium one at the crazy prices they are fetching on ebay?

Gavin

Hmmm, could be very interesting.

Roger

Probably not a great saving on a complete original kit -

Frame - 900

glass - 400

roof in fibreglass- 400

Total in the region of £1700-1800 compared to £2000 as is common.

But now there is a choice

Edited by RogerH

Ahhhh but its brand new!!!!

It's about time someone produced this item

Tom

I had a reply to my enquiry this morning (pasted below). If anyone is genuinely interested, I suggest you get in touch with Ben. It may help to bring the unit costs down if they have more interested parties.

--

Thanks for your interest.

As you'll see, the one in the Facebook pictures is fabricated from sheet aluminium, and took quite some time to produce! They therefore come out at around £1200, so prohibitively expensive for most.

I am however looking at getting the frames cast, as per the original items. Although there are huge tooling costs involved, it will drastically reduce labour costs, enabling me to hopefully get the price below £900. It will depend on the final cost of the pattern making and casting and also how many people express an interest. I'm basing my initial quotes on a batch of 10, but with the interest that has been shown, 20 could be viable. Quite a few people in the USA have shown an interest.

I will add you to my mailing list and do my best to keep you informed on progress. I will more than likely announce the plans with the TR Register (of which I am a member).

Kind regards,

Ben Ferguson

Revival Motorsport Fabrications

The lid in alumin(i)um will have a greater following than the frame I reckon, as originals are almost always in dreadful condition where backlight frames endure seemingly forever.

Any thoughts on making these?

Glass will always be obtainable, as similar shapes are used in current production for boats as well, so mfrs will be around for the foreseeable future.

The lid in alumin(i)um will have a greater following than the frame I reckon, as originals are almost always in dreadful condition where backlight frames endure seemingly forever.

Any thoughts on making these?

Glass will always be obtainable, as similar shapes are used in current production for boats as well, so mfrs will be around for the foreseeable future.

There is a couple of places down here that fabricate Ally panels for early Lotus race cars and for Jaguar C/D/E types so not really a problem to get them made up, its more likely that as most people rarely use the hard roof their isnt so much of a call for them as opposed to the backlight which is obviously currently of finite supply.I was discussing this the other night with someone who is a manufacturer of one off items for Motor sport and he thought it would be relatively easy to actually make up the component parts once scanned by using a five axis CNC Cutting machine to cut it out of solid blocks. Anyone have any experience of that?

Stuart.