Hi all, I am refurbing the brakes on my TR4, I have got new hoses but I am unsure where they enter the calipers if they need a seal. It looks like it needs a copper washer seal but as I haven't got the old ones I studied the various parts catalogues but there is no mention of a seal.

Also which clips are the best/easiest to use, the push into a hole type or the p-shaped ones that need a self-tapper ?

Regards

Ron

The flexible pipes don't go direct into the calipers (at least not on a 4a or 6 which I've had). There's a short solid pipe (Part number 309723 on a 4a) to which the flexible pipe attaches. No washers used.

And you can ignore the above as a look at the Moss catalogue shows the 4 is different from the 4a. http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=1891#top

Edited by peejay4A

Hi all, I am refurbing the brakes on my TR4, I have got new hoses but I am unsure where they enter the calipers if they need a seal. It looks like it needs a copper washer seal but as I haven't got the old ones I studied the various parts catalogues but there is no mention of a seal.

Also which clips are the best/easiest to use, the push into a hole type or the p-shaped ones that need a self-tapper ?

Regards

Ron

The original brake pipe clips are the push in hole ones part number 059191 and straps for the rear cross axle one part No 14G00

Stuart.