Rocker assembly washer/shims

Today I carefully dismantled my CP rocker shaft. I cleaned the parts in a bowl of petrol and the examined for wear. At the end of the exercise all was clean and dried off. However, I came across a 4th washer/ shim at the bottom of the bowl. I know the washers sit between the rockers and the pedestals, but can anyone tell me which 4 rockers they are, on the basis rocker 1 is nearest the fan. Cheers Peter

In this picture you should be able to see where the shims sit.

http://www.ijonsson.se/triumph/photo_diary.php?day=updates&folder=updates&id=IMG_0711

Edited by ijonsson

Many thanks, this confirms as I suspected the 4th washer sits between the 6th rocker and pedestal.

I notice on the assembly in the picture, that the rocker and spring washer that sits together within the 2 arms of the pedestal nearest the thermostat housing are positioned differently to mine. The spring on mine is on the thermostat side of the rocker, not the bulkhead side. This therefore looks like the rocker in the picture does not sit centrally over the valve. Where as, it would if the spring was sited as suggested.

Comments please from others.

Cheers

Peter.

Hi Peter

I have recently refurbished my rocker shaft and my front spring washer is located on the right hand side of the rocker facing front. Same as yours.

Do you have the same thermostat housing on yours has ijohansson?. I have two not sure which is correct for a 69.

Regards Mark.

Hi Peter

I have recently refurbished my rocker shaft and my front spring washer is located on the right hand side of the rocker facing front. Same as yours.

Do you have the same thermostat housing on yours has ijohansson?. I have two not sure which is correct for a 69.

Regards Mark.

Mark. Many thanks. This is my T/ housing and definitely correct for my 1970 TR6. Hope it confirms your preference. Peter.post-7227-0-03125900-1416599936_thumb.jpg

Mark. Many thanks. This is my T/ housing and definitely correct for my 1970 TR6. Hope it confirms your preference. Peter.post-7227-0-03125900-1416599936_thumb.jpg