TR4 exhaust gearbox bracket

I am trying to fit the gearbox exhaust mount but can't get it to fit. I have been told it fits on the left hand side of gearbox, but if so would pull the exhaust across the gearbox and I can't see that the middle box would fit. Has anyone got a couple of photos that show the fitting from under the car please.

Thanks!

Bill

It fits on the RH side of the GB. No pic but it's no rocket science. The end with the captive nut is bolted on the GB mount while the end with the hole will accommodate the bolt and nut of the pipe clamp

Edited by Geko

I ran without one on my TR6 without problems and my TR4A doesn't have one either. If you have a stainless exhaust it's another way for exhaust resonances to invade the cabin. That's my experience.

Ok, agree it is not rocket science but frustrating non the less.Have fitted the bracket to the rhs of gearbox, the effect is to pull the exhaust hard against the chassis on the right, looks like it needs spacers and a longer bolt to hold the pipe away from chassis. Have done a search of the forum and note that others have had similar problems so if anyone has a picture of how the set up should look that would be really appreciated.

Cheers, Bill

Pictures below shows mine fitted.

I did have to bend the rear end of the downpipe a little to get it away from the chassis.

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

The brackets arent too good and do need grinding down round the top mounting hole to allow it to go over towards the middle more.

Stuart.

Graham. yours looks the same as mine (TR3 by the way)

Bill. Your photo looks quite different - as if your gearbox mount is picking up on the bottom of the chassis instead of the top ????

More photos of mine:

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

Thanks for all photos, really useful. Ive realised that the reason is looks lower is my photo is of the car body on the chassis, ie the floors are in shot rather than the chassis!

Ground a bit off the bracket per Stuart an now all is well.

Thanks for help and comments, got a bit frustrated with it, lying on back in pools of oil.

Bill

And another way why I can't remember!

I did cut some of the silencer away to get clearance too, and used a home made anchor bracket at the axle hoop, I made do with what I had though, hope it helps.

DSC05598_zps27107112.jpg

DSC05595_zpsa7ee859b.jpg

DSC05596_zps1a4840b5.jpg