distributor

Hi all, more advice needed.I have been having fun trying to replace the condensor and points in my sprint engined TR7 , not as easy as the 4a! So having spent two fruitless evenings in the garage I managed to lose both the screws that retain the points and condensor to the baseplate and also my temper. I have been advised to remove the distributor and replace the bits on the bench , so another evening in the garage to little avail, I removed the bolt that could be seen from the top which also allows movement but the thing wont budge so before I hurt myself or break something I thought some one must have done this simple thing before and if they can stop laughing would be kind enough to enlighten me.

Cheers

Phil

There are indeed two bolts retaining the distributor. One is fairly easy to undo with a 7/16 AF open end or ring spanner. The other is closer to the cylinder head, half hidden by the inlet manifold and the breather hose from the cam cover. It can be undone using a 7/16 AF socket driven by a wobble extension. Hard to get at and needs a good light. Unfortunately it will be harder still to put back in.

Nigel