Loom routing in RHS footwell (LHD TR3A)

Hi Stan,Don and Stuart

I see both the green and blue cars do not have the blanking arrangements for the RHD pedal boxes, I used mine to mount the remote header tank

I have earthed all the rear lights as per Stuarts description.

Dave

You could use a longer bolt on one of the R/hand drive captives that you have been mentioning earlier in this thread so it comes right through the firewall and then use that as an anchor point to run an earth cable from to a bellhousing bolt. That along with the standard engine to frame earth at the left hand front should cover it..

Stuart.

Clever. That is a very nice solution and needs no additional holes in the tub. It will pain me though to remove the paint around the bolt head but I already had to do that for the main battery and the other loom ground connections.

Stan

For my main battery earth connection I removed the paint from the body and cut a lead washer to cover the bare patch. Then I bolted the connection so that the lead washer was squeezed between the end of the battery lead and the body. That way I had a good connection and the lead would protect the bare steel.

Rgds Ian

Clever. That is a very nice solution and needs no additional holes in the tub. It will pain me though to remove the paint around the bolt head but I already had to do that for the main battery and the other loom ground connections.

Stan

TBH if you run a tap through the captive that will take the paint off and then fit the bolt with some Petroleum jelly that will keep the rust off.

Stuart.