CR fuel injection piping clip thingies...

Ok-so the reason for mucking around w the old thread...

I've seen in the Moss catalogue these little clips designed to hold the injector pipes but I can't for the life of me quite figure out how they sit? I haven't got any on mine & can't find any images showing them in situ? Are they mythical? Anyone have them sitting in their engine bay?

Ta

MT

15604514786_debee1d499_b.jpg

Hi Matt,

I also bought these clips and ended up having to fabricate the metal brackets needed to hold them out of a bit of sheet metal,

as I too couldn't find the correct brackets anywhere.

Dave

Ah-would be interested in a pic sometime if you have a sec please Dave. Can't quite figure out the arrangement.

MT

Sorry Matt can`t help with that one as I no longer have them fitted.

Was never that happy with the look after fitting so removed them and no idea where they went

Seem to remember that the bracket was simply a piece of poss 1mm metal bent into a right angle and drilled to sit on one of the rocker cover bolts.

The plastic clip was then slid onto the other side and drilled an pop rivetted

Sorry I can`t be more helpful

Dave

Look like HT lead clips to me...and certainly something I've never seen used for Injector pipes in the 40 something years I've had a Six, nor ever seen on any other Six for that matter!

Mine came new with a couple of re usable tie-wraps

Edited by Denis

Yep advertised elsewhere as V8 ignition tidy leads thingy. Never seen on a Tr6 either, I'm sure an expert will illuminate us a soon.

Hi,

My 6 has those! Never given them much thought though! On mine they are just floating I.e they keep the hoses nicely separated but are not attached to any brackets. As I've never had another 6, I just thought they all had them - hadn't considered attaching them to anything!

Regards,

Michael

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/526065_427170637322269_691395491_n.jpg?oh=9036cb1b3202a039c55e0834000b0c3a&oe=54ADE0F6

They attach to these bits on the rocker cover - This is Dave Harveys 1973 PI saloon

Never seen a car with them fitted though :blink:

Edited by Mk1PI

Ah-my TR has an alloy rocker cover & looks like the saloon's must have been beaten flat (unless I'm looking at the wrong thing)

Mike-would be interested in a pic of the config if you find yourself w the bonnet open & smartphone in hand...

Not necessarily going to put them on but intrigued.

• 3 months later...
Hi Matt,
Sorry this took so long - I very rarely get to see the car these days! Added to that - not really sure it was worth the wait!

Hope it proves that you are not really missing out on anything!

All the best,

Michael.

post-2408-0-07612700-1423575244_thumb.png

Edited by CONCRETE24

I too would be interested in these. Two of my injector pipes have rubbed the underside of the bonnet, and have bonnet paint on the injector pipe. It is not a problem now, but I would not like a perforated fuel line above the exhaust manifold so I was thinking of something like these clips to hold the pipes closer to the rocker cover, away from the bonnet. So if anyone knows of a useful part I would be happy to hear from them.

Hi Mat

They fit on the two tabs on the n/s of the rocker box cover.

I hope the pics help

IMG_0946_zpslwbtchbr.jpg

IMG_0947_zpsicvauamj.jpg.

Thanks guys. All makes sense now.

Have a different head so no use for my beastie (and no, definitely don't feel like I'm missing out)