Triple Weber manifold

Chris

I know Roy Chamberlain had problems with a 6 cylinder Bastuck manifold on his race car.

Poor alignment of manifold with ports in head requiring quite a bit of fettling with a rotary grinder to ensure good fit.

Also I understand that some of threads in manifold for carburettor fixing studs had stripped requiring helicoils to fix them.

Dave McD

I have the Bastuck manifolds on my TR3A..... they are as Neil mentioned. It took me a week to make them fit, almost impossible to fit the head nuts, did have to grind off a lot , almost perforated the inlets. :(

On my 6 I fitted TWM with EFI throttle bodies, a perfect fit. :) you might find them second hand

I've got CANNON manifolds on my '250s. They're pretty good, though some port matching may be in order. I had to remove some of the #1 tube to clear a tubular exhaust manifold ( Phoenix I think; 6-2-1 ). No interference with factory fitment.

Note the CANNON has balance tubes, as I call them, which even idle opening discrepancies and, more importantly as I have come to realize from those with TWM and others not having them, the brake servo gets ample vacuum with this feature ;).

CANNON are US make I believe and can be had from www.piercemanifolds.com .

Edited by Tom Fremont

I purchased my triple webber set direct from Webcon, who use the Cannon manifold. After making checks on the USA website, TWM manufacture has been taken over by them. The throttle shaft is mounted on rose joints not the solid posts as some others. I also have a Phoenix exhaust and have no clearance problems. The only comment I had with the Webcon set is that some of the linkages are plastic which look a bit nasty, I changed them for billet aluminium

What about Jigsaw - does theirs fit the CR head?

http://www.jigsawracingservices.co.uk/engines.Webermanifoldstriple.jpg

Peter

Not bothered about linkages - quickest route for me to a log manifold by bolting on rectangular section plenum.

Peter

You would never keep them in sync.

Neil;

I'm not fitting carbs, replacing them with a box-type plenum chamber.

Aim is to replace the cr8p one from 20 years ago.

http://triumphs.50megs.com/blower/TR6photoabove.gif

with a plenum chamber and six stubs, a simplified version of this:

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/images/intake_plenum_skyline1.jpg

I'm not capable of cutting and welding either TR carb or PI manifolds, but drilling a square section box to bolt to the weber manifolds might work for me.

Not sure how to cut the bigger holes for the aiwways...

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold

Chris

I know Roy Chamberlain had problems with a 6 cylinder Bastuck manifold on his race car.

Poor alignment of manifold with ports in head requiring quite a bit of fettling with a rotary grinder to ensure good fit.

Also I understand that some of threads in manifold for carburettor fixing studs had stripped requiring helicoils to fix them.

Dave McD

To confirm what Dave has said.Yes very poor

Also at Donnington the linkage [ ball & socket part ] came apart. Aprox 3 hrs use.These are brass and have no retaining clips as the replacements that i obtained from webcon have,a far better product.

ROY