Original Autocar magazines with TR4 coverage

All,

A VERY kind relative of my lovely partner gave me a most thoughtful gift for my recent birthday: a copy of The Autocar from 1st Sept. 1961, and the edition from 5 January 1962. (He apparently has all Autocars going back into the 1950's).

The earlier edition has a 4-page article effectively announcing and covering the features of the new TR4; the later one has a 5-page article covering their original road test.

I presume that these are known to many, but if anyone would like a scanned copy please let me know and I'll send them.

In fact, if I get around to it in the next day or so, I'll post pics up here.

The Ads in the magazines are pretty interesting too...

Cheers,

Tim

Edited by TorontoTim

Tim - The 4-page article from the 1st September 1961 Autocar was reproduced by Brooklands Books in a publication entitled "Triumph TR4 & TR5 1961-1969".- I've had this book in my collection for many years. Strange to relate, but the Autocar article from 5th January 1962 is not in that collection published by Brooklands, so it would be useful were you to scan it and send a copy to Archivist Bob Rowland (at the Office), asking him to forward a copy to Jon Marshall, TR4/4A Registrar.

I don't know whether Brooklands (or the TR Register shop) still have the title available - mine has a green cover. Brooklands produced similar compilations for TR2 & TR3, for TR6, and for TR7 & TR8.

Ian Cornish