TR4A IRS body colours

Alf, my TR4A IRS is in a bodyshop : the guys will do all the panel beating/adjusting/paint themselves, my own work is "limited" to removing, restoring and refitting every parts from the car (engine, gearbox, wiring loom, chrome bits, interior,drive trains, screen frame, masters cylinders, ....everything !).

They ask to their paint supplier to come with the appropriate analizer if necessary.

Whatever, it may be not necessary : if this car was painted in a contemporary Triumph shade of bordeaux Red, it could be Cherry Red, PPG 71452.

If we could be able to prepare a limited quantity of this colour, it would be easy to paint a panel and compare with the original colour.

Unfortunatly, it won't be before a few days, as work pressure don't allow me to spent a lot of time on my own cars.

• 5 years later...

Sorry all,

Just bumping this thread from 5 years ago to see if Chris found evidence when the doors cards were removed, or any one has come up with some new information, as the topic is still relevant to what colours and when, were used in Malines.

I now have my Heater out for rebuild and took some images underneath to confirm original colour similar to exterior. It still remains a challenge to source pre-mixed rattle cans in the right shade - I tried again last year and now have two distinct colours with the same name:o. I am now looking locally for sources to have this section scanned.

IMG_3945.JPG.ccb034669713246cdebb61cfc923a95d.JPGIMG_3946.JPG.1ae8ed93a6470bdb9cfc3eb72b9ae7e9.JPG

Cheers

Alf