Fixing Wing Beading

I am constantly catching the rear wing beading where it terminates at the drivers door so that it is now slightly bent up which makes catching it even worse.

I have tried to stick it down but the glues I have tried are not up to the job does anyone have any suggestions of what I should try next?

Thanks

The moment the beading is bent slightly it will tend to stick out and the more you're trying pulling the attachment from underneath the more it sticks out as you can't get the attachment close enough to the end of the beading. I first tried with Permatex rubber sealant but it doesn't work and it's a swine to remove.

If you dare you may try carefully lifting the front half the beading and then slide the 1st attachment up to the end of the beading and insert it before the door post, that is very close to the front end of the beading. You might have to cut the attachment a bit and then fiddle with a screwdriver to lock it in. I haven't done it yet but believe it's doable.

Edited by Geko

Take a strip of sheet steel, 1.2mm by 10mm wide by 2in long.

Spilt the end into two. Knock over two tiny "lips" about 1-1.5mm wide, in opposite directions.

The lips must be small enough to enter the slot in the beading.

Open them out to make a Y-shape. Post the strip into the gap behind the wing.

Clip it into the beading. Add a spot of polyurethane sealant.

Weight the thing into place.

This is a fiddly job but requires only patience really.

Done it. It took a solid 5 min with my method described above. No need to cut the attachment, just press it against the wing. Actually that's how it should have been from the start I believe

post-11469-0-86860800-1412858825_thumb.jpg

post-11469-0-37852300-1412858839_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geko