Front disc replacement

I have just taken delivery of shiny pair of new replacement brake discs (Brembo).

I have the large Triumph maintenance manual (and I've read it), but in novice terms, is this a day job, weekend or longer?

Will there be pain?

Regards

Craig

Craig,

It is a nice easy job two hours max if you have the correct tools. It is worthwhile fitting new brake pads at the same time, A caliper spreader is a handy tool if you have one, pretty cheap to buy from Machine Mart if you don't.

Just make sure that when you push the calipers back that you do not flood the engine bay with the brake fluid!

Good luck,

Peter

It very much depends on how good/bad the fixings are.If they have been there for donkeys years then you'll be needing wd40 or something similar. It may be worth giving all the nuts/bolts/screws a good spray a day or so before removing.Also worth checking what has to be done etc beforehand so you know what order etc. If the brake rubber hoses are old probably worth checking again before starting so you have everything you n red before starting. I find preparation and inspection beforehand helps reduce time taken and frustration if you find you need to replace stuff that you don't have. Otherwise its straightforward. Good luck.

My experience was that the calipers needed complete refurb so allow for removal one weekend, send calipers away for refurb and reassemble next weekend. May well need new pistons, seals, dust boots. Replace bake fluid. Dot 4 minimum. As said new brake lines might be needed - think about braided ones

If you find the inside face of the rotor has a groove in it you need to adjust the stops for the steering rack

Bed new pads in properly - plenty of advice on here

Good luck

Graze

Thanks all.

Gaze, brake system is good. I just installed new booster & master (and brake fluid).

Discs are at minimum legal thickness and pads are at end of life, so a good time to replace discs along with pads.

I'm confident all else is in good shape.

Regards

Craig

• 4 months later...

If you are changing the flexible pipes from rubber to braided be prepared for brake pipe to twist and break needing a new section of brake line. How do I know this!

Good luck.