Door Rattle

Hi

I know door rattles have been covered a lot, but I've not seen any comments with regards the window parallelogram. I have new mechanisms but the top bar seems to be very loose and is causing a rattle, see the picture for the bit I'm talking about. I'm not sure of the best way to remedy it though.

I guess if it is possible to tighten it up the window will be hard to move.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks

Paul

post-1968-0-72348500-1412020025_thumb.jpg

I had this problem!

It took me ages to track my door's rattle down to the winder mechanism, it was a replacement a couple of years ago.

After a few attempts to shut it up I resorted to tying loops of very thin nylon rope, about 3mm, around the 'spindles'.

This gave just enough 'rattle proofing' without affecting the mechanism.

I've no idea how long this 'fix' will last but it's been a while and will be easy to replace when the rope wears out :-)

HTH

Steve

The door pull that your finger is under should have a piece of damping felt under it between the door frame and it.This is near where the handle is.The window channel has rubber sheet and the glass is gripped in the channel by it.Yes Jerry you must be thinking of Spit windows as the TR5/6 does not have these.

Regards Harry.