Adjustable steering wheel

I've received in the post today the vehicle trace from Bill Piggott for my 1960 3a which I purchased very recently. This tells me that the car was originally supplied with an adjustable steering wheel; coincidentally I purchased an adjustable wheel in very good condition on Ebay a couple of years ago but I'm unsure what column I need. I originally purchased this for my 59 car that I've nearly finished restoring but this has a one piece column and therefore doesnt fit; the car 60 car has a 2 piece column (see photos of the top piece) but again this doesnt seem to fit, can anyone advise on what options I have?

Many thanks

Graeme

post-9805-0-40715000-1411388294_thumb.jpg

post-9805-0-05989100-1411388303_thumb.jpg

Graeme, Your photos show I believe:-

On the left the junction between the upper and lower column on a post TS60000 vehicle. The item on the left of the LH photo is the joining piece between upper & lower column number 121090. I have a spare 121090 if yours has seen better days.

The RH photo shows the top of the column where the steering wheel fits. This RH photo shows a non adjustable column which will only take a non adjustable wheel the columns are interchangeable ONLY if you fit the appropriate steering wheel as well.

Thanks For your reply Bob, I've got a good 12190 joint thanks; I'm really interested in keeping the car as original as possible so its sounds like I need the top half of the steering column that's compatible with the adjustable wheel, I've been looking for a good while now, any ideas??

Graeme

Graeme,

You could strike lucky, but you will probably end up having to buy

a complete unit.

Still, that would give you a few more spares.

Also, as I understand it, the one-piece adjustable steering column

continued after the TR3A split column was introduced, the split

column adjustble steering being introduced later, so is quite rare.

AlanR