Exhaust manifold gasket

I've had the replace the core plugs on the right hand side of the block 2 of them are just starting to weep and so have had remove the inlets and the exhaust manifold.

The gasket that was on, is a far better quality one than the one I have ordered received from Moss. The original has a steel sheet which is marked manifold side, and the other side is a compound material, the port holes all have nice rounded formed edges, with a reference number JA 510.

I have a stainless exhaust manifold 6-3-1, should I be trying to find the same gasket that was on there, any ideas where it could have come from?

John

Johnny,

I have just yesterday purchased a manifold gasket for my CR TR6 from Revington TR. They offer an uprated gasket which is closer to the specification you describe in your earlier thread. The gasket was ex-stock and available for next day delivery.

Best Regards, Peter

Did mine recently all dry.

Hi John

I have to replace all my core plugs , do you use sealant on them or do you put them in dry.

Mark.

Smear of Hylomar round them helps.

Stuart.