Replacement Narrow Fan belt

I bought a TR3a with a thin belt conversion running with a dynamo. I need to replace the fan belt now and bought one for an alternator conversion which is too long. I can just make out numbers on the old belt which are 0093 674.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement, or which other application they fit?

Cheers, Bill

just go to your local factors and borrow a handful of belts of approx the right size (if they know you) when you get the correct one buy two!!

John

Bill,

If they wont play ball and things have changed not for the best. Take the belt to them and they have or should have a gauge that measures the size and you can then choose slightly smaller. A lot older garages have these. like two half moon shapes on a sliding plate or like the old Clarks sensible shoe measure.

cat-1043-cat.jpg

I had exactly the same problem with the Seven. I ended up taking the belt into my local 'proper' (IE not Halfords) factor and the always helpful staff found one the right sixe, IE slightly smaller than the one i brought in. The alternator now clears the steering shaft, which is nice...

Bill,

you need to measure the belt width, then determine length by wrapping a steel tape round the outside of the pulleys.

Belt suppliers such as this one :

http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/Belts-V-Belts-Z+Section+V+Belts+-+10x6mm/c4601_4790_4693/index.html

will sell you the length you want.

For my TR2 with narrow belt conversion and alternator, I bough a Gates 6219mc, AVX10 x 975La, i.e. 10 wide by 957mm length, it is slightly long and will get a 970 length next time.

Hope this helps

Mike