New boots and panties

Hi Alan,

I'll never believe a photo ever again. Not sure but think it may be the lens configuration/fllter I have on the camera.causing a parralax effect. You have also highlighted that the toupee has come loose.

Hey I've worked out how to squash my TR like Rod

trshort-1.jpg

and here's the LWB version I was after

lwbtr-3.jpg

Looks like Rod has 'unticked' the option in Irfanview that says: 'Preserve Aspect Ratio (proportinal)', I couldn't shrink or stretch mine until I unticked it.

(Ps photobucket is behaving very badly for me at present. Anyone else having problems uploading?)

Edited by littlejim

photobucket images used so that may be the issue. I can't see any aspect ratio presevation button but just right click copy and control V into my post and the dialoge box shows the image correctly, only when posting does it distort.

The first picture would be ideal for the vertically challenged amongst us and the bottom one ideal for me.

I hoped to be able to play with paint jobs but this is more difficult than it seems.

We know your car is black, and its the light catching it makes it look grey, but we ignore this because we know its black really.

These image tools are stupid and think your car is a mixture of black and grey patches. So if I select black bits and switch em to red we will get a kind of patchwork quilt. I'd have to "respray" the whole thing manually and this would take all day.

Also the ground shadow is the same colour as the car, so I'd have to fix that.

Painting out a tail-fin was fun and took about 5 minutes.

Be much easier if we started with a white car.

I've now idea which spokes to remove. I tried to build a bicycle wheel from scratch once. This is tricky.

I did think to try Bentley hub caps.

Edited by AlanT

photobucket images used so that may be the issue. I can't see any aspect ratio presevation button but just right click copy and control V into my post and the dialoge box shows the image correctly, only when posting does it distort.

The first picture would be ideal for the vertically challenged amongst us and the bottom one ideal for me.

The "Preserve Aspect Ratio" option is in the program# used for copying the photo to photobucket, not in the photobucket program.

May be worth a look in the program you are using for that. ( # in my case one called IrfanView.)

Back on subject of the wheels ;)

I personally dont like the looks of the minilight wheels. If taking this route i'd like the original ARE's as on my tr4.

I have wirewheels currently, but i think i will try these some where in future when the tr2 is done and theres money left..

Received the pics from thomas. Dunlop type steels but used in combination with my original wire wheel splines.

Would be nice to paint them ice blue !

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm using Picasa for the pictures without any stretching :)

AUSTIN/ALAN,

I would not be amused if you start putting the Union flag on my car and you guys would be right off my Christmas card list.

I use the upload facility on Photobucket which has not indicated any option for change of aspect ratio.

Edwin,

Totally agree with you about the wheels but ARE wheels are very very expensive and rarer than hens teeth. I am not sure why but I have noticed the steering does feel slightly more precise with the alloys on. The roads up here are salted heavily and the wire wheels are a pain to keep clean. I am sure, if Alan had a mind to, he could show my car with Tom's Dunlop ones in place, that would be interesting to see them on a black finished car.