Chrome spray paint.

My reflectors inside my rear lamps aren't bright silver anymore, I thought of painting them white or a river grey.

Just been to ALDI and they have tins of chrome spray paint at £2.99.

Bought one, no idea if its any good but who knows?

I shall give it a try.

I tried chrome paint on my badly corroded rear lights . The finish was nothing like it claimed to be.

So disappointed I bought a good set of here. The finish isn't mirror like its quite flat.

Personally I don't think its good enough for reflectors

Mark.

I would post a pic but having trouble doing so.

Well,

I used a can of Halfords spray chrome paint on my TR3 front grill, & also on a wire wheel spinner from my Hillman AeroMinx, Instructions were spray a base coat of white primer, then when dry, spray the chrome paint on. I did this and was impressed with the result. Obviosly is will never be as shiny

as real chrome, but it was a lot better than I expected. In both cases I then applied some acrylic varnish to protect the chrome paint. This did have the effect of dulling the finish somewhat, & if using it again I would skip this stage. The two items have now gone some 12 months, & still look as good as when done.

Bob.

I have used the Aldi stuff and if you use a black base the results are quite good indeed.

just go onto Utube and type in spray chrome and watch results, preparation seems to be all as usual.

I have also been impressed with the rattle can chrome paint. I dont think it will reflect well enough in a lighting application but it looks good on say a spotlamp bracket. The can needs to be agitated for a long period like 15 mins to get everything in suspension. I made some foglamp brackets several years ago and the chrome paint still looks good.

Stan