TR3a Spare wheel wont fit in cubby

Tom you are not alone in making this mod.....Reg Woodcocks racer had next to no boot floor...Neil Revingtons SCOLLOB ( read in a mirror!)has none either and there are many road cars so converted.

Iain

Edited by iain

By coincidence this week my work on my "box of bits " Tr2 involves rebuilding the complete rear end of my car that had completely rusted out.

New panels are the boot floor, the spare wheel well, new side panels, closing panels and stiffeners etc. The rear apron is original.

After today I reckon I may need a bit of help with that but will press on tomorrow and perhaps put up some pics and a thread for advice

At the moment everything is held together with self tapping screws and Cilckos and not many of them either - perhaps less than a dozen.

Even at this stage, trying to move everything around for adjustment is an effort involving levers, bottle jacks etc

Once welded when all in the right position I am confident that this structure will be a solid as any other area.

Understand re the tyre clearance issue but certainly not the strength.

Cheers

Steve

We are doing the Vintage sun run in April, Champagne region to the Alps, a 4 day navigational rally, I thought long and hard about this one and decided to to buy 5 155 Vredesteins and put them on the old steel wheels, we now have a car that looks right on the smaller section tyres, the steering detectably lighter, the spare wheel is easy to get out of the locker and the punctured one will go back in!! Pretty important I thought if we want to stay on time, the car drives much the same and looks great!!