Problems dating a import TR3a

Hi,

Is there anyone who can give me advice on obtaining the build date for my USA import TR3a. I have the relevant NOVA form. I contacted the Heritage centre with all the necessary details, ie engine, body numbers etc and paid my £45 for a Heritage Certificate on line only to have my money refunded and told they have no information on the vehicle as the files relating to the vehicle were destroyed. I need to know the build date to give to the DVLA to obtain a age related registration number. I was also hoping it would be a 1960 car or prior to that year. The heritage centre advised me to get in touch with this site as certain people on this site may be able to help.

Kind regards

Keith

Yup, with the chassis number we will all be able to home in for you with surprising accuracy.

For example TS26004 was built at 1130 am on 9 Jan 1958. (Never buy one built on a friday afternoon)

Hi Keith,

I have responded to your other post in the general tech section but to add to it here if it helps, my chassis number is TS63274L and the vehicle was built on Wed 2nd Dec 1959 between 1pm and 4.30 pm.

Rgds Ian

Just to repeat - check with Bill Piggott.

His records are separate from the Heritage records

so there is every chance he will be able to provide

something official, rather than an estimate.

AlanR

I would definitely start by buying it a drink but don't touch the headlamps until at least the second date. Bill may have given up the archivist job but he is still offering to provide TR2, TR3 and TR3A info for GBP 10. Details on page four of the latest issue of TR Action.

Stan