Hi All,

I have just fitted a pair of Mk2 seats and are now looking for some seat belt holders that fit onto the headrest stem of the seat.

I was told there is somebody in Scotland who supplies these in a chrome finish. Does anybody have some contact info.

Thanks Phil

It seems to me that a problem with the seatbelt tidy referred to is that it needs an allen screw to hold it at an angle of 90 degrees (or thereabouts) to the side of the car and this needs to be fiddled with if you want to lower the headrest for a different passenger. The need for the allen screw is removed if the seat belt tidy stretched across to the second upright support for the headrest. I have seen some BMW seatbelt tidies advertised that are pierced by both uprights. Do any of you know whether these fit MX5 seat headrests?

The distance (centre to centre) between the MX5 headrest supports is 12cm. and the diameter of them is 8mm. or possibly 7mm.

AlanJ

Alan,

I have used MX5 seats with the MGF type tidy for a while now, although I must admit the headrests have never been adjusted up or down - in fact, I can't recall the last time I was in any car where somebody altered the headrest height before moving off. On the other hand the range of sizes of people using the car is fairly small!

One problem which is nagging me is that there is a tendency for the belt to ride up through the slot in the top on occasion when it is being pulled through, so I am starting to think about a small mod to stop this. (Just turning the tidy over doesn't work.)

Mike

Guy,

Yes, I have tried that but if anything it is more likely to pull out - I think because the belt has a slightly downward run to the top of the rear wheel arch.

I am thinking about some sort of retainer across the slot, a winter job!

Mike