Front end rattle

Could I have some guidance please. Just worked out that it must be my front brake shoes that sound like castanets when I drive over imperfections in the roads. Many thanks Peter

more likely drop-links for anti roll bar

I now have the spring kit ready for fitting. No fitting instructions. For correct fitting, do they sit horizontally with the centre clip on the spring fitting around the pin or vertically with the clip fitting around the pad back plate and the end hooks around the top and bottom pins ?

Or neither of the above !!! Best regards Peter

Can I ask where you got the spring kit from? I have a similar rattling noise on my car. I originally thought it was a drop link which needed tightening but after doing that I still have a slight rattle going on so will try the brake pad springs.

Thanks

Gary

Classicpartstrader. Via Ebay. Came with plates, springs, pins and clips. I'll fit this weekend and feedback if problem resolved.

Type in on Ebay......TR6 brake pad retaining kit.

The firm is based in Leamington Spa. Hope that helps.

I gave that chap a call and he pointed me in the right direction. He has two options, different size pins. He suggested the larger pins ....I have a 1970 TR6.

Fitted part no: GRPFK 1. and test drove the car. All is now very quiet. Very pleasing. I did have to modify the springs as they were to long. So I initially straightened each end hook and then re bent the wire making the hook bend nearer the center pad clip part of the spring. I did not need to cut the spring wire, intead just had a longer hook ends. Also, fitted the springs on the caliper piston side of each pad. Although, it did not appear to matter if they had been fitted on the disk side. Good luck.. Peter

Just a quickie to say thanks, clips fitted tonight and then out for a nice late summer evening jaunt

NO Rattles, wow!

most enjoyable drive in my new toy so far, so much so a nice celebratory Malt is in order later

thanks again

Gary