tr2/3 glove box lid

a few months ago someone was advertising new tr2/3 glove box lids , on ebay, for some reason its gone from my watch list,, maybe they remove after a certain time, any way does anyone know the guy whos making them? bound to be a tr enthusiast, I would be grateful if anyone can help, many thanks

I wondered why these were so rare, but assume it is because they are easy to make.

Mine has a large clock in it (not even a rally clock) just a really large clock. I was going to either use the existing as a template or cover the hole with an ally sheet and re-clad ?

On that point, anyone know where I can get a small piece of black vinyl?

Thanks -- looks kinda nautical, Austin, Not the most interesting installation one has seen in this positioni, I gotta admit... But maybe you could put a mirror there for your co-driver? Might cut down on the moaning. (Or increase it for all I know...)

I got a nice piece of black vinyl from TRF along with the leather sill capping kit, and it worked perfectly -- so the material's out there, although kinda far from here to there. I'm sure our better-connected members like Stuart can offer advice.

Look at our friend Toronto Tim's TR4 glovebox panel for one that's really earning its pay.

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/45820-alcan-5000-rally/page-3

IMG_20140718_184307_zps82bc157e.jpg

Edited by Don H.

That dash makes mine look so **** !

I am told that a plane stop watch/clock from a russian mig fighter would fill my hole which is around 3 inches ! But it also looks like there are proper larger rally 'clocks'

Here's the dash of PDU 20, an ex-works TR2 from the TRR's 40th anniversary a few years ago. Not my image, but I like the clocks.

i-TBRNz9k-X2.jpg

i-8K845C8-XL.jpg