Paint colour Spa white

Hi Nick

Not sure if you are planning a respray or just touch in, but I have just had some paintwork done on my later 4A which was the later New White. They used the paint code embossed on the Commission plate, in my case paint code 19, to reference it.

I'm not sure if the TR4 has the same plate, but quote the paint code and colour, and a professional body shop should not have a problem. My boot lid and wing were painted using 2K and look great.

Cheers

Kevin

Having had problems recently, I suggest you follow the

suggestion to get an aerosol tin of Spa White, spray a

small test panel, and get it matched by computer.

When I had some wheels painted Spa White recently,

to match the car, the shade was wrong, more like the

creamier New White. Seems the paint code book now

combines these shades even though they are clearly

different.

In my case, the garage had a test sample from when

they had sprayed the car, so they got that matched by

computer.

AlanR

Thanks everyone for your help.

I have had the car for a very long time and had it resprayed in Spa White cellulose in 1980! I'm now having the engine bay resprayed in 2 Pack. Im going to have a go and get the ICI code cross referenced. Failing that the aerosol can is an idea, but I wonder whether that will be correct? I could have the body work colour matched, but that's likely to have aged, as too will the spare can of cellulose I still have. By the way, the commission plate on my TR4 carries no paint code.

Hi Nick

If your trying to match the cellulose colour that your car was painted back in the 80's you'll find the colour match from the code will probably not match the colour as it is now due to age, weathering and thickness of the paint. best thing to do is take the car if its drivable (if not take a wing and boot lid) to a reputable paint supplier that does colour match paint, they will scan the colour from several places on the body work and thier computer will work out the required mix to get an exact match and again they should be able to put it in a tin or an arasol for you.

Going by the code is great if you are starting from scratch and doing the whole car or if the car is split new but on older car is it's easier to get it colour matched for doing one panel or a touch up and it saves the head scratching wondering why the colour code is the same but the match is off?

Gavin

• 4 weeks later...

Nick

If it's not to late here's the codes for Triumph Spa white as per spies Hecker. I had my TR3 painted in this colour a few years back and personally I think it looks awesome.

Mixing Toner

AG201. WEISS. 3045.9 g

AL 125. SCHWARZLASUR. . 309.9 g

AG 106 OXIDLASUR. 64.3. G

AG 205. OCKER. 79.4 g

Total. 3499.5 g

Quantity made up 3 litres

Hope it helps I,m sure your paint shop can make sense of it all.

Cheers Jim