And I seem to recollect a supplier at the Triumph & MG Spares Day (Stoneleigh) selling these. I have no idea about the company name, as such a device is of no interest to me, having got rid of wire wheels 43 years ago - what a saving that has proved to be (both money and time).

Ian Cornish

Hi Tom and Roger

Wire Wheel Services also do a set which has multi spindle adaptors to fit all balancing machines. A lot more expensive but I am considering a set as no one here in Spain can do it. I am not sure, but I think the set will also do the bigger Jaguar ones as well.

See their web site for details and pictures.

Dave

You can Buy your own bubble balancer for less, and do your own wheels at home, whenever necessary.

John

Very true John, only thing is they cant tell you that your rims bent ;)

Stuart.

One other advantage of having your own bubble balancer,

especially if you have nice chrome wires etc, you need never place a balance weight on the outside of a wheel,

thus removing the chance of damaging the chrome when hammering a weight on, or leaving a score mark that will rust when re balancing.

John.

Aldi had some a while ago, can't remember how much tho.

Seriously, I have ordered a bubble level and will make a balancer from wood, and publish a photo on the forum, as I need to balance my wires soon.

Suggest you find a local woodturners club and commission a member to make one.

Mike

don't forget to get a bubble leveller calibration device

( I asked here in sarf east Landan if there were any wood turning clubs and was directed to a young russian lady based above the tanning shop at the end of the road, so very convenient as I didn't know she was there ! I have an appointment for Saturday, she seemed confused when I asked what tools I should bring? )

Edited by McMuttley